Friday, January 4, 2013

2013. Wow.

It never dawned on me that I was making such an egregious mistake until I read a few simple words on the blog of an acquaintance.

"I am living the life I have been waiting for". 

A short sentence that literally felt like it hit me over the head.

This creeping feeling of discontent and boredom that I have been feeling, finally had a voice. I have been waiting for something my whole life. I have been moving through every day, not recognizing the milestones and the importance of what I have done, am doing, and will do, but rather brushing them aside and moving into the pattern of waiting for what is to come.  Waiting to become something, do something, have something.  Even though that something, whatever it is, has more than likely been reached and even surpassed a million times without me noticing.

I want to live the life I have been waiting for. The strange reality is, that it will only happen when I stop waiting for it to come along and realize that I am already there on so many levels.

These are not resolutions, but promises that I am making to myself.  Promises that will hopefully show me the life I lead is a life that is good enough to be the one I have been waiting for.

1. Be fit, healthy, and happy with my body.
2. Be organized, keep my home tidy.
3. Be thoughtful, patient, and kind.
4. Be a wife, mother, homemaker (Easy kids: this one is not happening this year)
5. Love without care.
6. Give without expectation.
7. Learn to just BE
8. Put effort into the relationships that matter to me; family, friends, romantic.
9. Be OK with things not going as planned.
10. Stop comparing, stop competing.
11. Do something truly adventurous.
12. Do something truly selfless.
13. Learn new things.
14. Make new friends.
15. Communicate better and stop expecting people to read my mind.
16. Take care of my skin, you only get one face.
17. Dance.
18. Appreciate every minute, every thing.
19. Accept flaws without assuming weakness.
20. Stop judging. Myself and others.
21. Notice the small things.

So Happy New Beginnings. Hopefully 2013 brings you all the love and happiness you deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment