Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Full Circle

So, I'll spare you my whining and bellyaching about moving for today.
Instead I thought I could update you on the parts of my life that don't include boxes and packing tape and bruises...

A month or so ago I was approached about an advisor position with the ADPi chapter here in Memphis.  I have been active in the alum association since moving here last May and had worked with the chapter in that capacity, but did not even realize that an advisor position was opening up.  It was the recruitment advisor position, quite possibly the most time consuming and stressful on the advisory board, but I have this problem and I can't really say no, not that I ever would have.  I LOVE recruitment and I LOVE ADPi and I have been waiting for an opportunity to really get involved and connected here in Memphis.

Obviously I accepted the position and started transitioning into the office last night.  I am so excited to meet the women and start learning about them as individuals and as a chapter.  I know that it is going to be hard work, but I can't wait to dive in and share all of the amazing ideas and memories from my sweet Beta Beta.

I hope that my sisters, ahem ahem, will send ideas and helpful hints my way.

During recruitment week we may have not slept a wink, worked ourselves to the bone, and been stressed to the max, but it also gave me memories I will treasure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment