Friday, September 2, 2011

Weekend Wants

So, here is my first attempt at starting a regular Friday post.

My Weekend Wants will hopefully chronicle 4 things I want to do, wear, buy, or make over the course of my weekend. Lucky for me, the first post falls on the eve of a three day weekend giving me ample time to complete my list.

1.  I am ecstatic to wear some of my favorite white dresses before it turns to autumn and they are no longer relevant.
 
How cute would this be paired with my tan cowboy boots.

Or this...I will need to find a colorful blazer.

2. I WILL be making some Oreo Truffles, Peanut butter truffles, and spinach and artichoke dip in order to satisfy the requests of my weekend visitors.

Spinach & Artichoke dip:
1 box frozen CHOPPED(not cut-leaf) spinach, thawed and drained
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
1 block cream cheese, softened
1 C crumbled feta, more if you love feta like we do
1 C shredded mozzarella
8oz sour cream
salt, pepper, garlic to taste.

Combine spinach, cream cheese, cheeses, and sour cream in large mixing bowl. Once well combined mix in artichoke hearts, salt, pepper, garlic.  If you prefer a thinner dippier consistency you may want to add more sour cream. Transfer to a baking dish and bake in the oven at 400 for at least 20 min or until it is bubbly and hot throughout.

In a pinch, you can microwave until the dip is hot and smooth.

Serve with chips and enjoy!

3. My nails have been through hell the past week or 2 with the moving of furniture and cleaning of my house, etc. Therefore, I think that they and I need a little TLC.  While I normally prefer subtle and semi-neutral colors on my nails, I feel this falls into the realm of work appropriate fabulous.  Manicures this weekend are a must.


4. The last and most important thing that I want to do this weekend is enjoy my time with our very best friends and actually show them around my new city.

No tourists spots if I can help it, just the things that I have actually come to love about Memphis that you cannot find anywhere else.

Woo. Friday!

2 comments:

  1. i'll bring the cut-leaf spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just made me super happy! I loved the pic of the white dress and the colorful blazer. LOVED it. I'm officially inspired to find something similar.

    I adore you because you're fabulous and can't wait until things settle down with me so I can come to Memphis for booze and chicken. Yes, I said chicken.

    ReplyDelete