Friday, September 16, 2011

Weekend Wants

Well kiddos, another week has come and gone here is Memphis and thankgoodnesstosay it has been a quiet one.

I don't know about everywhere else in the south, but we have FINALLY gotten some cooler weather and I am absolutely loving it. FALL is the BEST season after all.

This weekend my wants are stemming from the weather, even if it is 75 not 50 degrees I am still ecstatic to be out of the 100's and 90's.

1. I want to pull my down comforter out of storage and have it dry cleaned.  If you do not have a down comforter you are missing out in two separate arenas.  First, you are missing out on the extreme cuddle factor a down comforter can bring to your bed.  When the mornings are cool and you are cuddled up in a down comforter's squishy, cocoony glory the snooze button gets a whole lot of action.  Secondly, you are missing out on the nightmare that it is to clean them... They are HUGE, you can't fit them in a normal washing machine and then if you do take them to an industrial size washer at the laundromat, you CANNOT, under any circumstances, put them in a dryer.  You have to find somewhere to drape it to dry for literally days and every 5 hours or so you have to rotate it so that your blanket retains it fluffy feathers.  Therefore, I will pay the money to miss the hassle.

And then, I will wash my softest sheets with extra fabric softener put on my fresh comforter and hole up in bed for an afternoon nap, read, or some trashy reality TV. Heaven.

2. I want a fire.  We bought a fire pit back in the dog days of summer, but have not actually used it. Standing next to a roaring flame when it is still over 100 degrees at 10:00 pm is not my idea of fun.

This weekend nights will be cool enough to where a fire would feel nice along with some yummy drinks and good company to share an evening with.  Bringing me to 3.

3.  What would be better for the in-between season than these. A big pitcher of whiskey sour slushies.  Cooling and warming all at the same time.  FYI...if you are not the biggest fan of whiskey, you can use amaretto.

Whiskey Sour Slush

  • 1 (12 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, undiluted
  • 1 (16 oz.) frozen orange juice, undiluted
  • 1/2 c. lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 c. bourbon
  • 2 liter bottle Seven Up
Mix well. Freeze. Then serve.

4. I want to Fall-ize my house.  On the list: fall scented candles, some little pumpkins or gourds to decorate around the house, some potted plants for the front porch, wreath making materials, and this throw from Ikea.

Oh, and God to make the weather stay cool and even get a little cooler.  That would be awesome.


1 comment:

  1. Come to my place! I have the perfect fall weather, a fireplace, and I can get ingredients for whiskey sour slushies...you just have to bring the down comforter and YOU! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete