Wednesday, October 19, 2011

All the love in my life

Just a quick post to reflect and be thankful.  I rarely ever stop and dwell on the fact that I am a lucky little girl, usually I'm dwelling on all the things I need to do, didn't get done, or don't have.

This week is different.  Maybe it's because I'm about to turn another year older, maybe it's because this is the first year in my life I won't be with my mommy and daddy on my birthday, or maybe it is just that my life is actually turning out to be pretty great.  Regardless of the "whys", I am happy and thankful for my life and everyone in it.

I have a boyfriend who thinks I am pretty when I am definitely not, takes care of me when I am sick and whiny, and works so hard so that our future will be everything we have dreamed of. AND he washes all the dishes and mops and sweeps because he know those are the things I hate the most. I'm not the easiest person to deal with all the time, but he does it without compaint.

I have the best family in the whole wide world. My mom made it her number 1 rule our whole lives that family came first. I don't know many families that have adult children who are as close as we are still to this day. We play together, fight with each other, love together, and support each other no matter what.  There are EXTREMELY few times in my life that being a lady gets thrown out the window, if you would like to see it happen you can either put my life in actual danger, or mess with one of my siblings. 

My mom and dad could not have been better parents.  They made sure they were at everything, they sacrificed to give us private school educations, family vacations, and more memories together than most people get in a lifetime.  They taught us right from wrong but let us find our own ways in the world, not with judgement, but with guidance.  They still hold us when we are sick and keep the traditions we have had since birth.  We may have grown up, but we will never stop being their babies.

And friends...PLEASE. My friends are amazing. Perfect for me in every way.  In case you missed how much I love them and how awesome they are, feel free to read, or re-read THIS .

Thanks God.  I know I don't say it enough, but you have given me much more than I deserve.

1 comment:

  1. So I read this and then re-read "A Love Letter" and now I can't stop crying. I love you and miss you oh so much!

    ReplyDelete