Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekend Wants: Birthday Style

Come Monday I will be another year older and almost 6 months into my new life in Memphis.  I don't know which shocks me more, that I will be past my mid-20s or that it has now been close to a half a year since I left Chattanooga. Crazy.

Moving on. I feel that I am a very giving person.  I like to make a big deal of people's birthdays and special occasions because I love them and I want more than anything for them to feel my love and for them to feel special. In turn, I reserve the right, once a year, on my birthday, to be completely and totally selfish.  I want to be a pretty pretty princess and have a day that is all about me.  Sorry I'm not sorry.

Bringing me to my Weekend Wants: October 21, 2011, Birthday Style:

1.  You know you are getting older when first and foremost I want my house cleaned for my birthday.  I don't want to have to worry about dishes, dusting, sweeping, bathrooms, etc.  I just want my house to be showcase ready so that I can relax and not feel like I need to be doing something. Except laundry, I will do that myself to avoid the fights that come with ruined clothes.

2. I don't want to have to tell the people in my life what I want to do.  I spend my entire life planning. I make all the plans for trips. I make all the meal plans. I usually come up with an idea or two for date nights. Admittedly this may or may not be because I have control issues.  Regardless, I don't want to have to think, I just want it done for me. I want RJ to remember the things I say in passing and plan our entire weekend with my likes and dislikes in mind.  He is normally pretty great at this stuff, so let's hope he doesn't disappoint.  Ideally this would include a corn maze, a bonfire, hot apple cider, lots of kisses and plenty of waiting on me.

3. I want to have a Halloween party.  This possibly does not fall into this weekend, as it would actually have to take place next weekend, but whatever. I want to start getting things together and see if it is even possible to throw this party. I have more than one costume idea in mind and I would like to be able to put them to good use.

4. I want to eat cake. Lots of yummy cake. Although I can't make my mind up between cookie cake, cheesecake, carrot cake or a good ole yellow with chocolate frosting.


Happy Birthday to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment