Friday, October 7, 2011

Weekend Wants

Happy Happy Friday!

Sorry for missing last week, but I was in my car most of the day on my way to Chattanooga for a little birthday visit with Alex!

This Friday and weekend will be one of the few that I will actaully be in Memphis with no set plans. Next weekend is homecoming(Go MOCS), the next is my birthday, the weekend after my birthday is Halloween, and then comes Bri's wedding.  So, although October is my favorite month, it is also proving to be the busiest!

When I say I have no set plans by no means does that mean I will lounge around and do nothing...that's just boring, not relaxing. So my weekend wants for October 7, 2011 are as follow:

1) I want curtains for my kitchen windows and back door.  This is for multiple reason. First, I have a very useful shelf in my laundry area where I store paper towels, cleaning products, etc; the only issue is that the shelf is in a window and these household necessities do not look very nice when you are on my patio.  Second, I have 2 giant windows in front of my kitchen sink and 2 more by my table that sit with the blinds drawn all day and they are very sad and plain. I want to let some light in! My house is not very big or fancy, so natural light goes a long way in making it look more open. No clue what colors or patterns I want, I guess it will just hit me when I see it.

2) I want NEED an ottoman to complete my living room.  I got the couch, got the rug, set-up the bar table, put out the new fall decor, but there is still an ugly coffee table in the middle of my room. The problem here is that the perfect ottoman is too expensive or doesn't exist.  I just want a 3.5 ft sqare ottoman, not too high, sturdy, tufted, and upholstered in a fun, yet neutral fabric, or a rich leather with nail-head trim. Obvisouly I am not asking for much here! 

Pinned Image
   
Pinned Image

    
They exist on Pinterest! They need to exist in Memphis!

3) I want and I am making RJ take me to a pumpkin patch. I have always always always wanted to go to pick my own pumpkin, and drink apple cider.  It is going to be in the 80's this weekend but I am still going to pretend it feels like fall.  The pumpkin's at Jone's Orchard, first discovered HERE, are only $0.39/lb and they have blue, cinderella, and traditional.  AH! I'm so excited. I want a million to put all over my front porch, my fireplace hearth, and my patio!

4) As I mentioned all of the events coming up this month I would like to throw away all my clothes and restock my closet from scratch.  Yea. I know. Completely unrealistic. BUT wouldn't it be amazing to have unlimited funds to restyle yourself how you are now instead of making what you've bought over the years fit your new life. I would buy more seperates and structured dresses. Maybe even some pants. What would you get?

Ok so! Thus is my life for this weekend! Maybe I'll even post pictures of my pumpkins and house if I complete my tasks....




No comments:

Post a Comment