Friday, July 29, 2011

Time for a Change

Lately I have been feeling a little restless...

I have started to settle into my new home, new job, new life and now all of the newness and excitement has worn off.  Don't get me wrong, I am somewhat grateful for some time to relax but the ADD is starting to creep back in and I am ready for a project or two or three or twelve.

First on the list is the one project RJ is dreading the most and keeps somehow dissuading me from doing, PAINTING! Hooray! I want to paint the entire inside of our house.  Right now every single, solitary wall is a color that was probably white at some point and it is driving me crazy.  I can decorate all I want but it is never going to look finished, in my opinion, until there is something that doesn't say "rental" all over my walls.

I spend basically all of my free time obessively looking at home decorating websites trying to imagine the perfect color pallette for our home.  I know I want a bright kitchen and right now I am leaning towards a bright but soft blue, a warm neutral for the den, and the bedrooms are up in the air.  All input welcomed and accepted.

Second,  I want comfy furniture for our back patio so that it is actually usable.  We have a table and chairs that are on our front porch so for the back I want lounge ish stuff so that we can entertain and hang out, once it cools down enough to be able to breath.  Something like this would be nice with some bright throw pillows.

Problem is, all the patio stuff I have found costs a million bazillion dollars so I have yet to purchase anything. I don't necessarily want fancy new stuff, just something that I can make my own with some paint and new cushions, however, no one currently wants to part with anything close on Craigslist or in their yard sales. Jerks.

Third, as always I want to cut my hair off.  As all of you well know I go through this at least once a year where I get tired of my hair and want something new. Currently I am searching a salon here in Memphis so until then I am going crazy with deep conditioning treatments to try and keep the split ends at bay.  I am thinking I want something shoulder grazing and layered. Oh, and I want her life. and wardrobe.


So that's my plan for the upcoming week(s). No big deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment