Friday, April 13, 2012

Tequila: Is what's for dinner

Seriously. Last night we were headed to the grocery store and decided we were starving and couldn't wait to shop, cook, and then eat. So RJ(knowing exactly how to manipulate me) says, "Hey, How about Mexican?" Chips, salsa, margaritas?" Everyone knows that there is no way that I will decline Mexican food.

We have both been stressed to the max.  Him finishing up grad school and me working like a mad women doing the jobs of 3 people, needless to say there has not been much quality fun time at our house...

We get to the restaurant, decide to sit in the bar and then notice it is 2 for 1 margaritas until 7:00 and it just so happens to only be 6:07; lucky us!  We order one round a piece and put in an appetizer order with the intentions to order food in a bit... fast forward an hour and we have each consumed 5 margaritas and no dinner. Ooops!

It was such an amazing reminder of when we first were dating, before we became old grown-ups with jobs and responsibilities.  We laughed and talked and just enjoyed each other's company. Even if it is over 4 years later he is still a pretty great date.

I'm not saying tequila is going to be a staple on our weekly menu, but maybe it will serve as a reminder to have fun and be young every once in a while.

My Favorite Mexicans(I searched for Deeds in the poncho)


1 comment:

  1. Crying out of laughter. 10 margaritas in an hour????? Deeds poncho pic is on my fridge. I'll share when I get home. Wow, man. Wow.

    ReplyDelete