Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weekend in Heaven

My heaven that is.  And it just so happens that heaven is only 5 hours away. Chattanooga. Duh.

When I'm in Memphis and people ask me where I'm from, they usually get more than they bargained for.  It usually starts with, well I'm from Chattanooga and I moved here almost a year ago. Standard response that one would expect.  Then they get a sales pitch worthy of the best employee of the Chattanooga Visitor's Bureau. I follow that up with a shortened version of my life's history, and then end with a (not so short) list of all of the amazing things to do, see and eat when they take that trip I convinced them of way back with the sales pitch.

Ridiculous? Probably Maybe. But I happen to LOVE Chattanooga and the people that live there.

This weekend RJ and I were lucky enough to get to stay with our besties Austin and Rikki.  They bought their first house back in February and we had only gotten to see it through facetime and pictures.  It's so perfect for them and I love everything they have done with it. 

Just a little back story for those not up to speed.  Austin and RJ are best friends.  Like Rob and Big, Lilo and Stitch, LaVerne and Shirley, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, etc.  They are basically children waiting for Christmas morning when it comes to seeing each other. and it is the cutest thing in the world.


So while the boys play and cuddle, Rikki and I get to talk(gossip) and just be together.  When you are used to basically living with your best friends for 4 years and then all of sudden you are suddenly 5 hours apart, it's kind of a difficult adjustment but nothing has changed and it never will.

Regardless, a weekend in Chattanooga that included my favorite foods (Crust and Amigos), my favorite people (you all know who you are), and my family (even it was only for a few hours) is quite possibly the closest thing to heaven that I can imagine. Not to mention a quick trip into Nashville to See Katie and Boomer's house was pretty fantastic too!

AND I got to spend an uninterrupted 10 hours in the car with my love. There is nowhere that I sleep better than in a car speeding down the interstate. However, somehow we end up talking the entire time just like a couple of kids in the first months of their relationship who are giddy to know everything that is in the other's pretty little head.

I love my friends. I love my boyfriend. I love our home in Chattanooga, we just stay in Memphis.

So here's my public plea. You people come to Memphis and visit more often. We're lonely over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment