Friday, April 27, 2012

Stuff.


I have too much of it. Kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, clothes, shoes, gadgets, appliances, DVDs, stuff.

I moved to Memphis from Chattanooga less than a year ago, but I have somehow managed to accumulate a ridiculous amount of things.

When I started the relocation process with St. Jude I made a diligent effort to really evaluate my things and not bring junk because I couldn't seem to come to terms with throwing it out.  I made really good progress.  I gave away 4 garbage bags of clothes, threw away 2 trashcans full of other items, etc. 

Now I'm packing for another move (sorry if this is the 1st you've heard of it) and somehow I have just as much, if not more, than I did in Chatt. Therefore, I am currently living in a cardboard war zone.  Packed boxes, empty boxes, collapsed boxes waiting to be taped, piles to yard sale, piles to Goodwill, piles to throw out and piles to pack. 

I HATE MOVING.  A year ago I had to do nothing but sit there and look pretty as the two nice men boxed, packed, loaded and moved all of my stuff.   For some reason I can't convince HR that relocating me within the same city is a valid use of money that otherwise goes to cure cancer...unbelievable. 

We get our key Sunday and will start moving little things everyday with the big stuff coming Friday, I have no idea how I am going to get it all done.  And that is not a typo.  It says I.  Nothing sucks more than moving, than having to do it solo for most of the time.  RJ has his finals today and Monday (prayers and good vibes appreciated) and therefore our future trumps packing boxes. lame.

Oh, but in true Lindsy fashion, my Pollyanna complex allows me to see the positive and the fact that we are moving into a home that we are both in love with.  It's still small, but it has everything we need and a pretty fabulous backyard to boot!

If you people have tips, tricks, survival guides, etc for moving this is my cry for help: TELL ME YOUR WAYS!!!!!






Otherwise, I might end up one giant paper-cut who can't figure out how to use the packing tape dispenser thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment